- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
School holiday parent kit
Parenting is a hard job at the best of times. Considering all the extra demands placed on you during the school holidays, you may feel more stressed than usual. It’s good to have some ideas and information to give you inspiration when the kids say those dreaded words "I'm bored".
The kit is a series of ten fact sheets providing a collection of tips on avoiding holiday stress, safety issues and fun activities for the kids during the school holidays.
Tackling holiday stress – hints to help parents and carers deal with the combination of the festive season and having kids at home...
Sun safety – sun smart information so your family can have fun outdoors...
Water safety – guidelines to make sure everyone plays safely in the water...
Activities - great ideas to keep children active and entertained...
Child safety - suggestions for the home, neighbourhood and when driving...
Kids in cars – tips to take the hassle out of travelling with children and warnings about the risks of leaving them alone in parked cars...
Farm safety -important guidelines if you live on or are visiting a farm...
TV, computers and the internet – tips for monitoring time and content...
Home alone – advice for you when leaving kids at home unsupervised...
Getting ready for school – planning so parents and children are ready for the step up to 'big school'...
The kit was prepared by DoCS with information from the following agencies:
- Roads and Traffic Authority NSW Sport and Recreation
- NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
- Country Public Libraries Association
- Metropolitan Public Libraries Association
- Tourism NSW
- Office of Fair Trading
- Surf Life Saving Australia
- Network of Community Activities
- NSW Health Cancer Council NSW
- Australian Communication and Media Authority
- Farmsafe NSW
- Kids Health – The Children’s
- Hospital at Westmead
- Department of Education and Training
- Royal Life Saving Society Australia