A range of free publications is available to help carers understand the transition of out-of-home care in NSW.

Moving to a new agency guide
The Moving to a new agency guide answers carers’ questions about the out-of-home care transition to non-government service providers. It includes information on why the transfer is occurring, who’s eligible to transfer, the transfer process, transfer of Aboriginal children, what to expect from your new agency and legal information. It also includes a list of non-government agencies by region that may be available to accept transfers of children and their carers. You can click on all website links in the guide to go to that organisation. English, Arabic, Vietnamese, Turkish

OOHC Transition of Community Services Carers
Carers need to be informed about the steps required for a smooth transfer. This guide walks you through the phases or steps for transferring, from deciding which agency to transfer to and exchanging information and initiating transfer, to case management transfer of children and young people.

Moving to a new agency brochure
Information about moving to a non-government agency.
Languages: English, Arabic, Vietnamese, Turkish

Moving to an Aboriginal agency

Information about moving to an Aboriginal non-government agency.

Talking to children and young people about the transition
Tips on talking to children and young people about what the transition may mean for them.

Transition. Moving to a new agency – what it means for you
A guide for children and young people to help them understand transition and why they are moving from Community Services to a non government agency.

Your new agency – what it means for you
Information for children and young people.

Fostering our Future
Community Services quarterly magazine for carers. Includes information on current news and initiatives, and provides carers with a way to share stories, achievements, activities and ideas.

Online carer support
Elsewhere on this website, you'll find the carer resource guide, Caring for Kids, fact sheets and other related resources for foster, relative and kinship carers.

Factsheet for parents and families
Information for parents and families about transition and what it may mean for them.

To report suspected child abuse or neglect, call the Child Protection Helpline on 132 111 (24 hours/7 days)