- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
Stage 1 transition implementation framework and plan
In 2011, the Ministerial Advisory Group (MAG) developed the OOHC Transition Implementation Framework and OOHC Transition Plan (Stage 1) to guide implementation of the transition of out-of-home care (OOHC) to the non-government sector.
The following principles have been outlined in the OOHC Transition Plan:
- services and placements built around the child’s and family’s needs
- placement stability and cultural support
- early intervention for children and families
- informed choice for children, young people and carers
- all Aboriginal children and young people in OOHC will be cared for by Aboriginal carers, supported by Aboriginal caseworkers employed by local Aboriginal managed agencies
- all children and young people have appropriate cultural plans and supports in line with the Placement Principle
- partnerships between the non-government sector and Community Services
- case management responsibility transferred to the non-government agency
- transition will occur in a timely manner.