- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
Are you a birth parent?
The decisions and processes involved in considering adoption for your child, or in gaining identifying information about your child, can be highly emotional.
These pages are designed to guide you through these processes and help you make informed decisions.
For birth parents considering adoption, we provide:
- mandatory written information on adoption
- alternatives to adoption
- possible emotional effects of making an adoption decision (see chapter 5)
- legal effects of an adoption order
- the adoption process
- written information on adoption for parents of an Aboriginal Child
- written information on adoption for parents of a Torres Strait Islander Child