Roles and responsibilities
A stronger, more meaningful approach to collaboration and partnership between government, community organisations and the wider community is one of the key messages from Keep Them Safe. Understanding the roles and responsibilities of organisations involved in child wellbeing and child protection underpins this approach.
This section is designed as a practical pathway to information on key organisations by providing:
- an overview of the roles, responsibilities and functions of key stakeholders
- links to key websites to provide easy access to information, particularly possible services and programs that may benefit children and young people who have not reached the statutory threshold but need support, such as prevention or early intervention services.
Organisations covered in this section are:
- Keep Them Safe and interagency collaboration
- Legislation governing child protection and child wellbeing services
- Roles and responsibilities
- Exchanging information
- Making a child protection report
- Responding to a child wellbeing concern or child protection report
- Engaging children, young people and families
- Prevention and early intervention strategies
- Guide to court processes involving children and young people
- Case management