- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
FCM Framework Resources
Funded Contract Management Framework Tools and Resources for Service Providers
From July 2017 the Funded Contract Management (FCM) Framework replaced the Contract Governance (CG) Framework. The FCM Framework describes the way in which FACS and funded service providers manage their contractual relationship. It ensures that governance, financial management and service delivery mechanisms are in place so that services are delivered effectively and efficiently. Work on the FCM Framework is an ongoing, continuous improvement process with new tools and resources in development for both Contract Managers and Service Providers.
An introductory presentation about the FCM Framework details some of the differences with the new approach. Also below are the Tools and Resources available to Service Providers, to assist with FCM Framework processes:
FACS FCM Framework is underpinned by a set of guiding principles which aim for Contract Managers and Service Providers to work together to ensure our clients get better outcomes.
FACS funded Service Providers are accountable for the services they deliver to FACS clients on behalf of the NSW Government. FACS has instituted a mandatory annual process to effect this accountability. Simplified Tools and Resources are available to Service Providers through the COMS Portal, to assist them in completing the Annual Accountability process. Copies of those documents are also linked below:
- Annual Accountability – Corporate Tool.
- Declaration relating to Annual Accountability Corporate Tool.
- Annual Accountability – PLA Tool.
- Certification relating to Annual Accountability PLA Tool.
- Example Income and Expenditure Statement – PLA Tool.
- Guide to Reporting Annual Accountability.
- Annual Accountability Focus Areas 2016/17 – Fact Sheet.
- Webinar Recording Annual Accountability - Service Provider - This is a recording of a webinar information session provided to service providers in relation to 2016/17 Annual Accountability.
FACS Contract Managers formally review and accept all accountability information submitted by service providers. The provided information is then used by FACS to conduct an annual risk and performance assessment of the service provider.
The FCM Framework utilises two types of improvement plans:
- The Service Development Plan (SDP)
The SDP is a formal agreement between FACS and a Service Provider, identifying the actions a service provider must take to address any of the following:
- General service delivery improvements.
- Minor or moderate issues related to governance, financial management and/or service delivery.
- Risk and performance assessments that rate ‘low’, ‘medium’ or ‘high’ overall.
2. The Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)
The PIP is a formal agreement between FACS and a Service Provider, identifying the actions a service provider must take to address any of the following:
- A significant issue related to governance, financial management and/or service delivery.
- Risk and performance assessments that rate ‘very high’ overall.
- Failure to participate or resolve issues identified in an SDP.
Contract Managers will initiate these plans and work with Service Providers in their development.
Subcontracting – What you need to know - This fact sheet explains what service providers need to know about subcontracting the services which are funded by the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS).
If you are interested in finding out more about the FCM Framework please email Contracting.SectorDevelopment@facs.nsw.gov.au
If you have any questions about the Annual Accountability process, please contact your Contract Manager.