keeping kids safe
- safer sleep for your baby – never sleep with your baby if you have been drinking or taking drugs...
– Aboriginal brochure
– safer sleep poster
– Aboriginal safer sleep poster
- Methadone and your child's safety
Advice for parents on storing methadone, safe sleeping and settling babies
– Methadone poster
- Never shake a baby – many people do not realise that babies can die or suffer permanent brain injury if they are severely shaken...
- Kids in cars – on a typical Australian summer day, the temperature inside a parked car can be as much as 30-40 degrees hotter than the outside temperature...
- Safe sexting: no such thing – parents are urged to warn children about the dangers of ‘sexting’– the growing trend for young people to send provocative images of themselves to their friends via mobile phones.
- Safety net: protecting the online generation –
Parents are urged to get cyber-savvy and talk to their teens about the potential risks of the internet. This includes online chat rooms and social networking sites.
Game over! Knowing when to stop – Information for parents about managing online computer gaming.
Surviving teenage parties – tips for parents
- child safety – suggestions for the home, neighbourhood and when driving...
- toddler safety – toddlers need to have a safe environment. They are too young to behave safely...
- water safety – guidelines to make sure everyone plays safely in the water...
- farm safety – important guidelines if you live on or are visiting a farm...
- kids and poisons (NSW Health fact sheet)
- Spot It, Help Stop It - child abuse and neglect
Available in seventeen community languages: Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Dari, Dinka, Farsi, Fijian, Korean, Macedonian, Russian, Samoan, Somali, Spanish, Tamil, Tongan, Turkish, and Vietnamese