specialist homelessness services learning & development
The Specialist Homelessness Services Learning & Development program (SHS L&D) is designed to support the capacity of the Specialist Homelessness Services (SHS) sector in NSW.
SHS L&D activities are free for staff and volunteers from SHS agencies.
Training opportunities are offered by a variety of providers and are inclusive of short course training options and other alternative training initiatives. See more details about the courses available:
- SHSL&D short course calendar – one and two day workshops on topics such as the SHIP Data system, SHS Case Management, Understanding Trauma, Management, & Leadership. Training is provided by a range of providers and offered throughout Sydney and wider NSW.
- Qualifications – SHS L&D are currently pursuing funding for a range of qualifications from a Certificate IV in Social Housing / Mental Health (Dual Qualification) through to a Vocational Graduate Diploma of Community Sector Management.
- SHS L&D participant travel assistance guidelines and request form – for nominated events where travel represents a major barrier, particularly for rural and remote services, a limited budget exists to assist SHS services to off set and claim back some of the associated costs.
- Going Home Staying Home Reform The Going Home Staying Home (GHSH) reform plan outlines the strategies for reforming specialist homelessness services in NSW. Stay up to date by regularly visiting the GHSH website
- Resources Resources provided to support the important work of the SHS sector
- NGO Learning Centre The NGO Training Program provides a range of face to face and online courses for Community Services funded organisations.