employment conditions at Community Services
When you join Community Services, not only will you be part of skilled professional work team which supports each other on and off the job, but you will have access to great career opportunities, variety, flexibility and security.
You will be employed under NSW Public Sector conditions, which include:
- competitive commencing salaries
- promotional opportunities based on merit
- career development opportunities
- four weeks annual leave
- paid sick leave
- maternity, parental and adoption leave
- personal carers and family and community service leave
- flexible working hours, which includes access to Flexi-Time and Flex Leave provisions
- flexible work practices, such as part-time hours, job sharing, and career breaks subject to agreement from your Manager
- study support for a range of courses related to Community Services core objectives.
See more on your rights at the Office of Industrial Relations.
We are aware that to continually improve what we do as an organisation, we must support the professional development and training needs of our staff.
As an employee at Community Services, you will have the potential and scope to advance with a variety of training opportunities.
As a learning orientated organisation, we support and encourage our staff to access:
- on the job learning
- internal/ external training courses
- attending practice forums
- attending tertiary courses
- distance learning
- project work
- post graduate study.
Those who choose a career as a caseworker will undertake the Caseworker Development Course not long after they start.
If you aspire to a managerial position, you can participate in the Management Development Program which aims to nurture current and future managers.
Over time and with greater experience in Community Services, you will have the opportunity to work with your supervisor to identify a learning and development program that will enhance your knowledge, skills, and ultimately your career.